Speed up your project and reduce risk, by minimising uncertainty before you begin. This is what our discoveries aim to achieve.
Our discovery services help clients understand the key issues that need to be addressed, delivering technical recommendations, early designs and a costed plan for next steps.
About this service
Do you work in government? Find out how we deliver discoveries in the public sector.
When you’re about to invest time, money and energy into a digital product, you need to be as sure as possible it’ll meet your needs.
A discovery fleshes out your ideas, minimises uncertainty and gives you a costed, technically feasible delivery plan.
This means you:
- Fully understand the business and user goals you want to achieve
- Eliminate options that aren’t technically feasible
- Ensure the user experience will align with your vision
- Set a clear scope for what you’re going to build
- Understand expected costs and timeframes
- Know your next steps
Well-run discoveries speed up development and reduce risk.
How we run discoveries
Softwire discoveries run three parallel workstreams, to give you a complete understanding of your challenge, and a realistic plan for how to address it.
- Analysis of your challenge
- Information architecture, wireframes and/or example designs
- Assessment of technology options and recommendations
- Technical proof of concept
- Scope, plan and estimated costs for the next phase
Design flair combined with deep technical expertise
We blend our flair for product and service design with long-standing digital engineering expertise. This means anything we recommend will look great – and more importantly, can actually be built, given the time, budget and technology available.
Realistic timeframe planning
We’ve delivered hundreds of successful digital products and services. We know how long things typically take, which means our estimates are accurate and realistic. We won’t promise something we can’t deliver, just to impress you or win the work.