Softwire is one of the UK’s leading digital technology consultancies. We offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations across the public and private sector, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
Softwire was founded on the idea that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional. And it seems to be working – we were recently voted number 1 company to work for in the UK in the Best Company awards.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’ll be working in a high-trust, high-energy environment full of smart, kind, fun people passionate about building something amazing.
Client Directors are both experienced, knowledgeable consultants and first rate salespeople. They are responsible for generating business for Softwire from both new and existing clients. They do this by building relationships based on their personal credibility and ability to develop solutions that meet client needs, solve complex problems, and generate business value.
Clients want to talk to people who have been there and done it before, who understand their industry and context, who are able to have peer-level conversations with C-suite executives about their business strategy, and who can tell them things they don’t know about how they can deploy technology to help them solve problems. This is what you will be able to offer them.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Defining and implementing go-to-market strategies for specific sectors, capabilities, and service lines: proposition development, positioning, targeting, pricing.
- Leadership of cross-functional, go-to-market teams to achieve Softwire’s goals in a given market.
- Generating leads from your own activities, including sector and capability specific networking, thought leadership and public speaking. Leading and supporting others to do the same.
- Picking up inbound leads, closing opportunities (including consultative selling, formal bidding and pitching) and leading teams of others to do the same.
- Owning major accounts and taking personal responsibility for client spend, loyalty and growth. You may also lead and support others to do the same.
- Working alongside Delivery Directors to ensure clients receive a great service and experience.
You will be measured against the quality and quantity of new and repeat business. Typical deal size ranges from £500k to £5m, and you will be expected to maintain a pipeline worth £10m+ at all times.
- You have 8+ years of experience in a similar role, a track record of building relationships based on trust and credibility up to and including C-suite level.
- You can have meaningful and relevant peer-level conversations with our clients (and prospective clients) about their industries, business strategy and technology strategy. Your clients and prospects will regard you as a trusted adviser, someone who can inspire them and provide solutions to their problems.
- You have experience in our industry, selling our type of services and working with similar types of clients. You have an existing network of contacts that you are confident will form the basis of your initial pipeline at Softwire.
- You are collaborative and your default approach is to work as a team, openly sharing information, resources, and comms – you see other Client Directors, Delivery Directors and Principals as allies. You are comfortable in a culture which values and rewards collective success over personal attribution and that takes a “One Team” approach to everything we do.
- You take a can-do approach and don’t mind getting your hands dirty and leaning into issues and opportunities that you identify. You don’t need a perfect environment to thrive and where there are problems, you take a positive approach to making them better.
- You have strong bid and pitch skills. You are comfortable leading bid teams to identify win themes, develop bespoke solutions tailored to the client’s specific context and business need, and to create compelling narratives that explain how we will help and why they should choose us.
- You have great negotiation skills and can persuade, influence, get the outcomes we need and develop deeper relationships at the same time.
- You are a leader: people want to follow you, whether they report to you or not and whether they work for Softwire, the client, or another party.
- You are self-motivated and are comfortable independently defining and driving day-to-day activities towards Softwire’s objectives. You don’t need someone to spell it all out.
- You have a track record of winning £1m+ deals with FTSE 100 scale clients, and of retaining and growing a set of loyal clients.
What We Offer
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance.
- Highly competitive base salary based on level of experience in a similar role.
- You can expect to receive a lucrative profit share depending on your band and company performance.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary.
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell).
- Time off for company-wide morale events, time off for charitable activities.
- Free annual eye test, income protection, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.
For further details on benefits click here