Softwire provides software development and consultancy services to some of the UK’s leading brands. We’ve built key national infrastructures like the UK’s Register to Vote site and the Renewable Energy Register. We’ve worked with start-ups, household names like BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, and LNER, and delivered digital transformation across FTSE 100 companies like RSA Insurance, Lloyds, and Rightmove. Most of all, we’ve been proud to support and enable organisations with a pro-social mission such as Anthony Nolan, Tate Britain, and the Royal Opera House.
Our values since our founding in the year 2000 have been to focus on having Happy Teams and Happy Customers, with Commercial Success a by-product of those two elements. For over a decade, we have featured in the Best Companies to Work For listing, thanks to our vibrant social scene and exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction, including a rating of 4.8 stars on GlassDoor.
We are seeking a talented, creative, experienced content writer to join our growing marketing team. The management and creation of marketing content reinforces our brand position and aims to engage key audiences whilst supporting the entire marketing and sales funnel. Your role is to educate our audience, build brand awareness, generate interest and showcase our expertise. It’s essential you’ve worked in a technology/ digital consultancy and you can articulate technical concepts to our target audiences specifically technical founders, CTOs, CDOs, and developers. You have a knack for cutting through the noise to catch our audience’s attention. You know how to capture your reader’s interest, understand their challenges and create content to meet their needs. You’ll have an instinct for what good content looks like and how to create, improve and promote it. We’re looking for someone who can turn their hand to all aspects of content writing including case studies, blogs, web content, social media, and sales enablement collateral. You will work closely with the CMO and Head of Marketing to ensure Softwire has a frequent cadence of content published that supports the wider business strategy. You will also be required to work closely with the technical project and sales team.
- Leverage messaging, positioning, and value propositions to write a range of collateral including web content, blog posts, emails, social media posts, ebooks and white papers
- Manage social media channels, posting and curating content
- Research new content ideas, to support marketing campaigns
- Work on broader marketing campaigns including social media management and paid ads
- Collaborate with the marketing team on content distribution, content optimisation, and SEO
- Monitor, report on, and adjust content pipeline based on performance
Key skills and experience
- A natural ability to write great copy which is accurate, clear, concise, and grammatically correct maintaining Softwire’s brand voice and style
- 4 + years’ experience writing in a B2B/tech/Saas environment
- Strong portfolio of published work that includes quantifiable results
- A proactive ‘can-do’ attitude that gets things done to the highest standard
- Approachable personality – a good team player
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to build relationships
- Non-stop ideas and a keen eye for detail
- Capacity to work well under pressure and manage workloads and multiple projects
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g. HubSpot), analytics tools (e.g. HubSpot, Google Analytics) and/ or CRM (e.g. HubSpot, Salesforce)
- Excellent knowledge of modern content marketing best practices
- Interest in digital communication, Software as a Service (SaaS), technology, and tech industry trends.
- Experience with CMS tools such as WordPress
Softwire practices transparent pay scales and a bonus based on a profit share scheme.
Location: London, option to work on a hybrid model, details to be confirmed.
25 days annual leave (option to buy and sell)
Cycle to work scheme
Payroll charity donations
Time off for charitable / CSR activities