The roleThe role
In your role as the Event Manager, you will be reporting directly to the People Director. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the company events including event operations, logistics, supplier/freelancer management and event production. You will work closely with a team of employees elected internally to oversee the fun side of things such as small events and perks which Softwire provide.
We organise internal events on a regular basis including Softwire festival, company holidays, birthday party, company picnic, team building events, Christmas lunch and dinner, new starters welcome and leavers farewell. Last year we organised a festival for 300 people over four days. This year we are going to Sardina, and next year we are planning to host another festival.
Main tasks are:
- End-to-end management of events from venue sourcing to on-site delivery
- Manage accurate and up-to-date budget event budgets and liaise with Morale officers about budgets
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors and negotiate contracts
- Create new, innovative experiences at our events
- Create detailed event plans, and brief the team on these plans
- Work to reduce our environmental waste including being a single-use-plastic free event
- Lead as the on-site manager for the setup and breakdown of the events, including planning and managing the on-site vehicle schedules, signage plans and printing, H&S, and on-site deliveries
- Create post-event debrief reports, sharing key learnings and areas to improve
- Able to act quickly to solve problems on the spot and identify and foresee potential problems that could arise
- Ability to work independently towards deadlines and financial targets
- Creative and fun
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. We offer services in software en-gineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
But who are we actually?
We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with pas-sion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of inno-vation, devotion, and outright electricity.
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and eve-rything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.
Experience and qualificationsExperience and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Event experience. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Initiative to think quickly on your feet.
- You’re enthusiastic and hungry to take the lead on projects.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and can troubleshoot quickly and effectively. Have excellent communication skills in writing, by telephone and in person.
- Can deal with all levels of management effectively.
- Can manage senior level attendees and manage their expectations
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £35,400 to £42,600
- You can expect to receive an average of between £2,500 and £3,500 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance. Over the last three years, this ranged between £1,750 to £4,750
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
Additional benefitsAdditional benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell)
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities
- Free annual eye test, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.
For further details on benefits click here
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil part-nership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.