Job title: Fullstack Trainer
Job type: Contract
Start date: August
A rare opportunity to be a part of our fast-growing technology company training a group of junior developers. An ideal role for an experienced developer who might be looking to move into more formal teaching/training.
Softwire provides software development services to medium-large sized UK businesses. Our HQ is based in London with growing offices in Manchester and Cambridge. We have a headcount of over 200 that comprises the top 1% of UK graduate developer talent.
We’ve featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best SMEs to work for 10 years running. This is testament to our exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction.
Softwire runs our own free full-stack development bootcamp called TechSwitch which trains career-switchers and returners for 12 weeks before finding them a role as a Junior Developer. TechSwitch is designed to provide the opportunity to work in software to people from all walks of life, no matter their age, background, or education.
Training hours are 10am – 4pm with remaining work hours used for internal conversations and material preparation. The course has successfully been run four times previously and you will have access to the material and feedback based on those cohorts.
Skills and experience
- At least one years’ experience in the following technologies:
- Core web technologies, i.e. HTML & CSS
- Experience with back-end development, particularly C# ASP.NET Core
- Experience with helping others develop their skills through coaching, teaching, mentoring, tutoring or something similar. This can have been as part of your professional role or informally through volunteering.
- As cohorts consist of up to 10 learners, you will need to be comfortable speaking to groups and in 1:1 mentoring situations.
Nice to have:
- Experience working closely with other job roles, such as designers and product owners
- Experience collaborating with clients or stakeholders, including clarifying requirements and presenting work at sprint demos
- You are passionate about software development and enjoy talking to others about it
- You are excited by helping learners progress their understanding of development
- You enjoy collaborating with and supporting others
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and adapting the course material to meet the needs of your learners