Lead UI Designer
Are you ready to see your designs come alive? Join this team.
Our design team is a wonderful mix of researchers, UI, UX and service designers working together with developers to create unique experiences that solve people’s real problems. We’re looking for an experienced UI Lead to join us on the journey, help us grow and contribute to the conditions that enable us to flourish as individuals, as a team and as a company.
We value colleagues who have learned as much from failures as from successes and are humble enough to share their learnings without reservations. People who have a point of view on everything from design systems to brand guidelines to work-life balance but are also able to listen to and encourage others to make their own contributions. While growing with us you will have a strong opportunity to craft your future role in the team.
This is a fast-expanding team within a more established agency, where you’d have the rare opportunity to follow your work across both design diamonds. Unlike most agencies, we don’t just focus on innovation, proof-of-concept and early-stage engagements, we also have the cross functional teams to deliver the amazing experiences we conceive. We work very closely with our clients in intense, user-focused, prototype driven sprints, that grow into long-term relationships.
We don’t just design. We have impact.
In more detail, we’re after someone with:
- 7+ years’ experience working as a UI or visual designer within agency, design studio or product environment
- Fluent usage of Adobe Creative Suite & Figma, or similar
- Can show us interesting and thought-provoking approaches to design challenges (both successes and failures), from story boarding to prototypes
- Ability to interpret & push brand guidelines into creative designs that excite both clients and users
- Love experimenting with bold solutions to typography, colour and composition
- Can scope and outlining approaches to projects
- Mentoring or line management experience
- Experience working within design sprints/agile methodologies
- Knowledge of design thinking methodology
- Keen interest and awareness of design trends
- A strong POV on how to continuously improve and set the standard for our design output
- Lead clients and the team members in workshops, design walkthroughs and presentations
- Work with the team and wider project partners to identify opportunities, raise risk and prioritise project goals
- Help clients through the process of aligning behind solutions that help deliver their business objectives
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £65,000 – £78,100
- You can expect to receive an average of between £15,000 and £21,000 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell), time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities, free annual eye test, and opt-in health insurance, cycle to work and electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.