Softwire is an extremely successful software company offering software development services in a diverse range of sectors including media, online retail, travel, finance, publishing and insurance. Softwire provides an excellent work-life balance and equal working opportunities for all and has been named in the prestigious 2022 Best Companies lists as the fourth best large company to work for in London, the second best company to work for in Tech and the fourth best large company to work for nationwide. In addition, we gained a 3-Star accreditation, recognising Softwire as a ‘World-Class Company to Work For’ in 2022.
We employ over 200 people based in London, Manchester and Cambridge.
We are looking for an Office Administrator full time to join our vibrant team in Cambridge on a fixed term contract of 9 months. You will report to the Head of the Cambridge Office Operations and work across a wide range of tasks. You will be the first point of contact for new employees and visitors and general support. You will be responsible for maintaining office policies and supplies.
- Greet and assist visitors to the office in a professional and competent manner
- Operate the switchboard promptly and professionally
- Maintain the office space and proactively planning and managing the ongoing maintenance and repairs
- Maintain property management relations (visitors’ logbook, parking permits)
- Maintain office supplies, arrange, and coordinate couriers, collect/distribute the post
- Coordinate and assist with office events/meetings with food orders and space organisation
- Ad hoc administration tasks required to meet the needs of the business
Experience & requirements
- Excellent phone manner
- Good team player with a passion for the admin world
- Self-starting with a proactive approach
- Keen to work within a fast-changing environment
- Keen to improve and to develop new skills
- Time management, good task prioritisation and attention to details are essential
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) with different stakeholders, internal (Softwire employees) and external (clients)
- Excellent administration skills and a methodical approach
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Previous experience as an office administrator is desirable
Salary & benefits
- Salary range is £27,800 to £31,400 for full-time work, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave (with option to buy and sell)
- Free annual eye test
- Frequent social events and company outings
Softwire aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.