We are looking to recruit a Junior Systems Administrator to join our fast-growing London-based software company.
We are a company of over 200, dedicated to helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We’ve done this by recruiting the brightest graduates and training them up to become exceptional software development professionals.
We combine a relaxed and friendly environment with a superb all-round package of benefits including flexible working conditions, very reasonable working hours and lively and frequent social events and company outings.
The new Junior Systems Administrator will join a friendly team of 5 people and report directly to the IT Manager. Career progression is important within the company and training is provided at all levels.
You can expect to acquire a broad remit including:
- Systems Administration of all servers and services including but not limited to:
- Windows Server 2016/2012 Domain & Active Directory
- Linux (Ubuntu) Servers
- Network services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, ADFS, DirectAccess etc.) and infrastructure (VLAN, STP, Dell Sonicwall Firewalls etc.)
- VMWare vSphere infrastructure
- Dell Equallogic Storage Area Network
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Office365)
- DevOps services (Jira, Crucible, Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab)
- Monitoring (Icinga, Munin, ELK, SNMP)
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rdline technical support to end users.
Desirable technical skills
- Experience of deploying Mac, Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of a some of the systems and services listed above
- Solid foundation in basic network services e.g. DNS, DHCP, WINS, Routing.
- A dynamic, dedicated and self- motivated individual who is keen to build on their existing systems administration skills
- 0-2’ experience in a systems administration role
- A demonstrable interest in IT and systems administration
- a good education history and degree (relevant subject preferred)
- excellent organisational and communication skills
- Salary : £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
- Non-contributory pension scheme (5% of salary)
- Performance based bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday year one going to 25 days thereafter with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Up to 7 days annually for conference attendance, charity volunteering or morale activities
- Flexible working hours
1st interview is a general chat over the phone.
2nd Interview (only when successful at the 1st interview).