We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to join our fast-growing team.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about improving the experiences of users by understanding their needs.
Using a range of research techniques and best practices you’ll help to craft the best outcome for users and our clients. Your experience will bring together quantitative and qualitative research data to draw business focused conclusions and you’ll engage the team and clients to communicate the results and devise testing plans.
With a flexible approach you’ll need to adapt to changing objectives and drive the correct combination of activities to deliver project goals and deadlines. You’ll be comfortable leading the user research on any project, helping and feeding insight to the wider team. You will deliver research and data-informed artefacts including personas, journey maps and user needs to drive effective products and services. You’ll be comfortable working autonomously within a supportive environment.
We value work-life balance and provide the right conditions to enable individuals reach their potential.
Experience & Qualifications
- Applying user research, in both the public and private sectors
- A track record you can share with us, demonstrating project success
- Degree or higher in a relevant subject (HCI, psychology etc), or equivalent experience
- Experience working within Agile/SCRUM processes
- Experience of working in or alongside design sprints
Logistics & Planning Capabilities
- Able to plan and lead your own activities
- Develop and execute research plans to business priorities and project content
- Lead clients and teams in workshops, focus groups and other research activities
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and prioritise project goals
- Manage the logistics of user recruitment, scheduling and interactions
- Experience of using data to inform business and design decisions
- Be a strong advocate of the user within a business setting
- Help clients through the process of aligning behind priorities
- Understand the product/business lifecycle and where/how research can deliver value
- In-depth knowledge of UCD and research techniques
- Able to recognise project constraints and determine appropriate methods
- Expertise with a range of tools to deliver in-person and remote research sessions
- An ability to make sense of and translate research findings into high-impact outputs
- Dedication to developing in-house research capabilities
- Familiar with the agile process
- Understanding of wider development process, and where user research fits
- Ability to work collaboratively and mentor colleagues from other disciplines
- Ability to move with the team, iterating research during the project lifetime
Presentation / Communication Skills
- Communicate the value of user engagement in new business activities: proposal writing; project scoping and presentations
- Present articulately, and explain user needs to clients
- Empathy to engage and develop strong working relationships with a range of individuals
- Confidence to both stick to your principles and flexible to take onboard those of others
- Understand communications needs around insights, to make a compelling case
We’re a fast-growing team, within a more established agency, focusing on innovation, proof-of-concept and early stage engagements. We work very closely with our clients in intense, user focused, prototype driven sprints, that grow into long term relationships. We’re looking for someone to grow with us with a strong opportunity to shape your future role in the team.
Softwire is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.