Softwire is looking for an experienced Delivery Lead/Project Manager.
We’re a leading Digital Agency with strong design and engineering credentials. We tackle challenges including streaming Glastonbury’s headliners, helping the fuel-poor improve their homes, to using Machine-Learning to help Moorfields Eye Hospital better diagnose eye disease. We are a team of over 150 who work to help our clients achieve their ambitions.
You have an interest in the transformative possibilities of digital projects and enjoy working with people to bring out the best in them and unlock achievements. You have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams that include clients, designers, developers and user researchers. You understand and respect different disciplines, whilst helping the team function and progress as a single entity.
You have worked with smart, independent people in the past and enjoy coaching and supporting them to help the team achieve great results. You care about the outcomes that your projects achieve and keep everyone’s focus on delivering them, whilst prioritising user needs. You create momentum to help drive through uncertainty. You do all this while keeping the project within a time/budget envelope and actively managing risks.
You enjoy working closely with clients as a way to ensure project success. You’re happy working transparently and keep clients informed of the project status and empowered to make decisions. You would seek to help clients learn from our agile approach and embed it within their organisations.
Delivery Leads are responsible for the successful delivery of our clients’ projects across the full lifecycle, from inception to launch and beyond. Typical project sizes range from 50 to 1,000 days and our projects span multiple sectors and technologies. You might:
- Mentor a team of eight, to support the rollout of a new VOD service for a major media organisation
- Support a team in understanding citizens’ information gaps in making their homes more energy-efficient, prototype, then build an accessible website to give advice on how to achieve it
- Guide the design and delivery of a system that helps match thousands of bone-marrow donors with suitable recipients for a national charity.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that the project achieves our clients’ aims, including making sure their experience of the project is as positive as the end-result it achieves. You’ll make sure the team are motivated, supported and happy, while working to deliver the project on-time and within budget, ensuring good value for the client, and protecting Softwire’s commercial interests.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in projects at their inception, working alongside service designers, or independently to understand the client’s objectives and help craft the project to meet their business outcomes and ensure that delivery is smooth and enjoyable for the client and the team.
You may also have involvement in meeting clients as part of the sales process, and contributing to proposals to shape how we would design a deliver a project for them.
- Have a track record of delivering digital projects, including working with senior stakeholders
- Have a history of solving problems, managing risks and overcoming challenges
- Have worked in multidisciplinary teams, including directly with developers
- Are familiar with lean/agile techniques tools and principles
- Show evidence of a dedication to continuous improvement – both supporting/coaching a team and in your own ways of working
- Are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity
- Can communicate clearly including an ability to explain technical concepts to people with diverse backgrounds in a way that is meaningful to them
- Are interested in and familiar with how software is built and delivered, including knowing when things are technically easy or difficult
You may also
- Have experience in understanding clients needs and prioritising them into user stories
- Have worked in other delivery roles such as product ownership, consultancy or technical roles
- Have worked to GDS principles in the past or have delivered Discoveries or Alphas to understand and validate user needs.
- £60 – 90k package
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Up to 7 days for conference attendance, charity volunteering or morale activities each year, including a paid long-weekend abroad
- Minimal travel, with the majority of projects in London.
- Input into what you work on
- Flexible working hours
Who we are
Softwire was founded on a simple idea: to be the best possible environment for solving our client’s digital problems. You will work with some of the industry’s strongest people in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, refreshingly free of bureaucracy. We care about outcomes so working conditions are flexible and there’s no pressure to put in long hours.
Our goals are Happy People, Happy Clients and Commercial Success – all equally important. We trust our staff to do great work and support them to achieve their goals. We also recognise that everybody is human, and make sure that we support that aspect of people’s lives as well.
For the past nine years we have featured in the top 25 of The Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For list, always as one of the top few software companies. We have a strong focus on diversity and hire based on ability as well as experience.