We are looking for bright, enthusiastic undergraduates to intern with us for 2-3 months.
Come and experience life at Softwire – and find out what a career in software development is like. You’ll work in a team with other interns, along with a dedicated mentor, to build and deliver a finished application, usually on a pro bono or community-based project. Salary is £2,000 per month and programming experience is preferable but not essential.
Most of our internships run over the summer, although we do offer shorter placements at other times of the year. We recruit and interview all year round, but places do fill up, so we strongly recommend you apply early in the academic year.
Many of our interns go on to join Softwire permanently. We hope you will too, so we reserve our internships for those who haven’t yet accepted employment elsewhere.
The application process.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and the quality of our customer service, and that extends to the way we treat you as an applicant.
- We respond to 95% of applications within one working day (99%+ within two days) and will resolve any queries you have just as quickly.
- At every stage in the process it typically takes less than two working days for you to receive results.
- Interviews can be arranged as soon as you wish, subject to availability and two business days’ notice.
We also pride ourselves on hiring people with the greatest potential, rather than just those with prior experience, and we do all we can to bring out the best from you in the interviews by making them as relaxed as possible. We value your time, and we don’t ask you to answer unnecessary questions on application forms or spend hours on preparation. Our recruitment process consists of three straightforward stages:
- Submission of your initial application.
- Completion of some online tests and/or a short telephone interview.
- A second interview in our offices lasting around half a day. This consists of a number of technical and logical reasoning tests and requires no preparation.
Softwire is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.