Softwire is looking for a systems / infrastructure administrator to join our London team.
We are looking to recruit a Systems Administrator to join our fast-growing London-based software company.
We are a company of over 150, dedicated to helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We’ve done this by recruiting the brightest graduates and training them up to become exceptional software development professionals.
We combine a relaxed and friendly environment with a superb all-round package of benefits including flexible working conditions, very reasonable working hours and lively and frequent social events and company outings.
The new Systems Administrator will join a friendly team of four people and report directly to the IT Manager. Career progression is important within the company and training is provided at all levels.
You can expect to acquire a broad remit including:
- Systems Administration of all servers and services including but not limited to:
- Windows Server 2016/2012 Domain & Active Directory
- Linux (Ubuntu) Servers
- Network services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, ADFS, DirectAccess etc.) and infrastructure (VLAN, STP, Dell Sonicwall Firewalls etc.)
- VMWare vSphere infrastructure
- Dell Equallogic Storage Area Network
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Office365)
- DevOps services (Jira, Crucible, Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab)
- Monitoring (Icinga, Munin, ELK, SNMP)
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rd line technical support to end users.
Desirable technical skills:
- Expert in installing and configuring Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Broad knowledge of a wide variety of systems and services (e.g. those listed above)
- Solid foundation in basic network services e.g. DNS, DHCP, WINS, Routing, etc.
- A dynamic, dedicated and self- motivated individual who is keen to build on their existing systems administration skills
- 2-5 years’ experience in a systems administration role
- A demonstrable interest in IT and systems administration
- a good education history and degree (relevant subject preferred)
- excellent organisational and communication skills
- Salary : £35,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience)
- Non-contributory pension scheme (5% of salary)
- Performance based bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday year one going to 25 days thereafter with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Up to 7 days annually for conference attendance, charity volunteering or morale activities
- Flexible working hours
Who we are
Softwire was founded on a simple idea: to create the best possible environment for building digital solutions. You will work with some of the industry’s top minds in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, refreshingly free of bureaucracy. We are based in London and we recently opened offices in both Manchester and Cambridge.
Our goals are Happy People, Happy Clients and Commercial Success – in equal measure. We trust our staff to do great work and support them to achieve their goals. We also recognise that everybody is human, and make sure that we support that aspect of people’s lives as well.
Working conditions are flexible and there’s no pressure to put in long hours. For the past nine years we have featured in the top 25 of The Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For list, always as one of the top few software companies. We have a strong focus on diversity and hire based on potential rather than merely experience.