A rare opportunity to join our fast-growing technology company selling high-value software development and consultancy services. An ideal role for an experienced and dynamic salesperson to join a growing team.
Salary: £55,000 – £70,000 + bonus / commission
Job type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Softwire provides software development services to medium-large-sized UK businesses. Our HQ is based in London with growing offices in Manchester and Cambridge. We have a headcount of >200 including ~150 delivery staff. We compete on value, quality, and flexibility – not on price.
We featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best SMEs to work for 10 years running. This is testament to our exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction.
We are looking for a business development expert who can manage the entire lead lifecycle from first contact to established, loyal client. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to shape our sales offering in the Manchester region. Reporting directly to the Manchester general manager, the role will entail:
- Lead generation via existing contacts, networking, and prospecting.
- Attending sales meetings to uncover opportunities, pitch the company and our values, and communicate the benefits of working with Softwire.
- Leading our in-house technical pre-sales team who will produce any technical proposals necessary to progress the sale.
- Handling objections, negotiating, and closing the sale.
- Taking ownership of the entire sales process from start to finish and ensuring we manage that process effectively.
- Working autonomously initially as the only salesperson in Manchester.
- Adept at working autonomously, finding new opportunities within your own contact list and via other proactive activity
- Ability to sell on value, rather than price.
- Ability to communicate effectively at a senior level.
- Enthusiasm and talent for all forms of business generation.
- Self-starter – organised, self-sufficient and self-directed on a day-to-day basis.
- Bright and analytical.
- Outstanding contact list and networking ability.
- New business hunter as well as account management, negotiation and broad sales skills.
- Possess a strong LinkedIn profile and be able to call upon UK blue chips with whom they have relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant growing company and to really make a difference to our future success, with rewards to match.
Softwire is an equal opportunities employer.