Business development manager
Salary: £63,000 - £82,000 with profit share £13,000 - £18,000Apply now
A rare opportunity to join our fast growing technology company selling high value software development and consultancy services. An ideal role for an experienced and dynamic salesperson to join a growing team.
We are looking for a business development expert who can manage the entire lead lifecycle from first contact to established, loyal client. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to shape our sales offering in the private sector. Reporting directly to the Client Director, the role will entail:
- Lead generation via existing contacts, networking and prospecting
- Attending sales meetings to uncover opportunities, pitch the company and our values, and communicate the benefits of working with Softwire
- Handling objections, negotiating and closing the sale
- Taking ownership of the entire sales process from start to finish and ensuring we manage that process effectively
- Working collaboratively with the Client Directors in London
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. We offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
But who are we actually?
We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with passion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of innovation, devotion, and outright electricity.
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
- We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and everything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
- We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
- We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
- We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.
Experience and qualifications
The ideal individual will be:
- Adept at working autonomously, finding new opportunities within your own contact list and via other proactive activity
- Able to sell on value, rather than price
- Able to communicate effectively at a senior level
- Enthusiastic and talented for all forms of business generation
- A self-starter – organised, self-sufficient and self-directed on a day-to-day basis
- Bright and analytical
- Have an outstanding contact list and networking ability
- A new business hunter as well as account management, negotiation and broad sales skills
- Possess a strong LinkedIn profile and be able to call upon UK blue chips with whom they have relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant growing company and to really make a difference to our future success, with rewards to match.
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £63,000 – £82,000
- Profit share for this role in the last 4 years has been between £13,000-£18,000 (on a full-time, annual basis).
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell)
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities
- Free annual eye test, income protection, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.
For further details on benefits click here
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil part-nership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.