We’re looking for an experienced technical salesperson to join our growing Manchester office and help us to develop and execute our sales strategy. You’ll be working closely with our CMO, Client Directors, and technical experts, and be given support, ownership, and the ability to contribute across the sales cycle wherever you think it adds most value.
Salary: £55,000 – £70,000 + bonus / commission
Job type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Softwire provides software development and consultancy services to household names across the public, private, and third sectors. We’ve built key national infrastructures like the UK’s Register to Vote site and the Renewable Energy Register. We’ve worked with start-ups, household names like BBC, David Lloyd and LNER, and delivered digital transformation across FTSE 100 companies like RSA Insurance, Lloyds, and Rightmove. Most of all, we’ve been proud to support and enable organisations with a pro-social mission such as Anthony Nolan, Tate Britain, and the Royal Opera House.
Our values since our founding in the year 2000 have been to focus on having Happy Teams and Happy Customers, with Commercial Success a by-product of those two elements. For over a decade, we have featured in the Best Companies to Work For listing, thanks to our vibrant social scene and exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction, including a rating of 4.8 stars on GlassDoor.
Our Manchester office started in 2018 and has grown to around 20 people. Based in the city centre, our local pre-sales team has specialists in technology, design and delivery, and brings years of experience with national clients that we’re keen to apply locally. We are looking for a business development expert who can help us to develop and execute a sales strategy for Manchester so that we can grow our base of local clients, and accelerate the growth of the office.
We are looking for someone with a passion for technology, who will enjoy working with our developers and consultants in bringing together a sales offering which really meets the needs of our clients. We want someone who can manage the entire lead lifecycle from first contact to established, loyal client, drawing on support from around the team and involving other people in what you do.
Unusually, our key focus is not on the volume of sales, but on selling the right work – in line with our company values and ethical principles. Our people are rewarded with an annual profit share, which promotes alignment and teamwork across the business.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Becoming part of the Manchester team, understanding what makes Softwire different, and involving people across the business in what you do.
- Helping with lead generation via existing contacts, networking and prospecting, and working with marketing and the business to develop and execute campaigns.
- Leading sales meetings to uncover opportunities, pitch the company and our values, and communicate the benefits of working with Softwire.
- Working with technical specialists in a pre-sales capacity to develop awesome bids for our clients.
- Taking ownership of the Manchester sales process – you will initially be the only dedicated salesperson in Manchester, although you will be well supported and given the resources you need to be successful.
- You may be an experienced salesperson, or working in a technical or presales role and looking to move into a more sales-focused job.
- You have excellent communication skills, and want to sell on value, culture and client experience – not just price. You value building long-term relationships and are invested in giving great client experiences.
- You’re enthusiastic, have a talent for all forms of business generation, and are motivated by working alongside a great team and seeing real growth and development amongst your colleagues.
Softwire is an equal opportunities employer.