We are looking for talented graduates to join our teams of software developers in London, Cambridge and Manchester
Our software developers get to work on a variety of projects, from mobile applications to network applications to high-profile websites, encountering a wide range of technologies along the way. We offer a fantastic package with London starting salary of £40,000 plus bonus and other benefits.
Permanent roles typically start in September, November or January. We recruit and interview all year round so you can apply whenever you like – but it’s best to apply in the first term of the academic year to ensure you get your first choice start date.
Your role on the delivery team
At Softwire, we work closely with our clients to solve their problems. You might find yourself designing and building software on our Engineering team, assisting a client in the early stages of their digital journey on our Labs team, or helping a customer leverage their data on our Data Science team.
Most of the time you will work from Softwire’s offices but, depending on the project and role, you may also be asked to visit or work alongside our clients at their offices.
As you progress in the delivery team, you will have opportunities to find a more specialised role which fits your interests and abilities, for example:
- Managing projects
- Becoming a technical lead
- Training more junior developers
- Becoming an expert in a particular area
At Softwire, we invest heavily in the personal development of our employees and have a strong focus on training and mentoring. As a new starter, you will be enrolled on our graduate scheme and receive two months of dedicated training in software development. We’ll then start to introduce you to client projects but give you plenty of opportunity for on-project training and further general training sessions and personal development. We will teach you how be a great developer and a valuable member of any team.
Almost all the members of our delivery teams started out as graduate software developers. Whatever role you decide to move into later on in your career, you’ll benefit hugely from the solid grounding in the fundamentals of software development that our graduate scheme provides.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for applicants who resonate with our core values, and who will do fantastic work for our clients. Here are the traits that we most value in applicants:
- Exceptional problem solving skills – you should relish solving problems, and have the ability to appreciate context and nuance when suggesting and analysing solutions.
- Eagerness to learn and develop – we like our staff to constantly strive to improve their own knowledge and abilities
- A passion for technology – you should be enthusiastic about computers and software, even if you don’t have much programming experience. You should take a real pride in your work.
- Team skills – you should work well in a team and be a positive force, helping the whole team remain happy and productive.
- Communication Skills – you should be good at interpreting written and unwritten requirements, and able to articulate clearly your thoughts and your work. You should be happy interacting with others and presenting your ideas.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and the quality of our customer service, and that extends to the way we treat you as an applicant.
- We respond to 95% of applications within one working day (99%+ within two days) and will resolve any queries you have just as quickly.
- At every stage in the process it typically takes less than two working days for you to receive results.
- Interviews can be arranged as soon as you wish, subject to availability and two business days’ notice.
We also pride ourselves on hiring people with the greatest potential, rather than just those with prior experience, and we do all we can to bring out the best from you in the interviews by making them as relaxed as possible. We value your time, and we don’t ask you to answer unnecessary questions on application forms or spend hours on preparation. Our recruitment process consists of three straightforward stages:
- Submission of your initial application.
- Completion of online tests and/or a short telephone interview.
- A second interview in our offices lasting a few hours. This consists of a number of technical and logical reasoning tests and requires no preparation.
Softwire is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.