Senior Delivery Lead
Softwire is a leading digital agency working with major clients to deliver exciting digital transformation projects. We were founded on one simple idea: to create the best possible environment for building quality software.
We do that by having great people who have the skills, experience, and intelligence to solve hard problems. But we also care about finding and developing people who believe in the same things we do:
- That if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well
- That work should be fulfilling but can also be fun
- That success comes from supporting and investing in each other
As a result of that, we’ve secured our spot on ‘The Best Companies to Work For’ listing for over a decade. Working at Softwire means you get to work with great people, on leading-edge projects, in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, refreshingly free of bureaucracy.
We’re looking for people who have a track record of successfully leading complex digital projects; ensuring that our clients get great experiences and outcomes, and our teams deliver at their full potential.
We are looking for team-players who are experienced people managers, who have strong client empathy and client communication skills, and who have strong and proven delivery management skills.
In return, we can offer interesting projects with brilliant clients, high levels of autonomy, strong management support, and exciting further career opportunities moving towards the Principal level. And of course, a competitive package and profit share to match.
We are looking for experienced Senior Delivery Leads to take ownership of the successful delivery of large and complex client projects across the full lifecycle, from inception to launch and beyond. Typical project sizes will be in the 1000’s of days, and our projects span multiple sectors and technologies.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that the project achieves our clients’ aims, including making sure their experience of the project is as positive as the end-result it achieves.
You’ll make sure the team are motivated, supported, and happy, while working to deliver the project on-time and within budget, ensuring good value for the client, and protecting Softwire’s commercial interests.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in projects at their inception, working alongside technical, design and/or product specialists, or independently, to understand the client’s objectives and help craft the project to meet their business outcomes and ensure that delivery is smooth and enjoyable for the client and the team.
You will build strong relationships with your customers and stakeholders and be an effective ambassador for Softwire. You may also play a lead role in the sales process for new opportunities and in managing the commercial relationship for ongoing projects.
Your Skills and Experience
You bring extensive experience of successfully delivering large software development projects and a broad skillset that lets you understand and spot risks, and address issues in whatever areas a project demands.
You are familiar with reconciling commercial and quality drivers in a client-focused environment. You have excellent client management and relationship building skills. You are used to getting things done to external timetables and can balance competing demands and manage external dependencies.
You appreciate working autonomously within a supportive environment. We value the balance between life and work and want to provide the right conditions to enable you to be the best you can be. You are collaborative and want to create something enduring while having fun doing so.
You are familiar with how software is created. You don’t need to be able to write it yourself, but you can have informed conversations with technical team members, and understand the technical context and repercussions of project or scope decisions. Ideally, you can also help explain these concepts to less-technical clients in a way that keeps them empowered.
Experience and qualifications
- Have a track record of delivering digital projects, including working with senior stakeholders and on multidisciplinary teams
- Have a history of solving problems, managing risks, and overcoming challenges
- Are practiced with lean/agile techniques, tools, and principles
- Show evidence of a dedication to continuous improvement – both supporting/coaching a team and in your own ways of working
- Are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity
- Are an excellent communicator, particularly when bridging the divide between technical and non-technical audiences
- Are interested in and familiar with how software is built and delivered, including knowing when things are technically easy or difficult
You may also
- Have experience in understanding clients’ needs and prioritising them into user stories
- Have worked in other delivery roles such as product ownership, consultancy, or technical roles
- Have worked to GDS principles in the past or have delivered Discoveries or Alphas to understand and validate user needs.
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £59,000 – £78,000
- You can expect to receive an average of between £13,000 and £18,000 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance. Over the last three years, this ranged between £9,000 and £23,000.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell), time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities, free annual eye test, and opt-in health insurance, cycle to work and electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.