Head of Business Development (Financial Services & Insurance)
Salary: up to £120,000 with an achievable OTE of £200,000Apply now
Softwire is one of the UK’s leading digital technology consultancies. We offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile, and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations across the public and private sector, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
Softwire was founded on one simple idea: if we can create the best possible culture and working environment then everything else will fall into place. And it seems to be working – we were recently voted number 1 company to work for in the UK in the Best Company awards, and we have a loyal and growing client base who trust us with their hardest problems and their mission critical projects.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’ll be working in a high-trust, high-energy environment full of smart, kind, fun people passionate about building something amazing.
As the Head of Business Development you will be responsible for sales and business development in the Financial Services and Insurance sector.
We have a strong presence in the UK financial services and insurance sectors, delivering major programmes for household names such as RSA, TSB, Starling Bank, Nationwide and Zurich. FS&I is a strategic growth sector for us, and we have ambitious plans to grow our brand, reputation and revenue. We are excited about what we can achieve over the next few years and you will be a key part of a committed and enthusiastic team working to deliver this.
We are looking for a business development expert who will generate a strong pipeline, win new logos and manage the entire sales cycle from first contact to established, loyal clients.
You will have at least 8 years experience selling custom software engineering services to leading companies, at least 5 of which are in Financial Services or Insurance.
Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Services and Insurance, this is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to help shape our offering and spearhead our FS&I sales efforts.
You Will Be Responsible For
As a successful senior sales performer, you will:
- Keep ahead of industry trends via research, networking and attending events.
- Collaborate with the FS&I team to research and identify ideal client profiles (ICPs) in the sector, and qualify and shape leads to fit the ICP and our services.
- Identify, track and meet executives at target organisations and evangelise about Softwire at places where they are likely to notice us.
- Generate leads that match the ICP from your own activities, including existing contacts, networking, thought leadership and public speaking.
- Work closely with the marketing team and SMEs within the FS&I team to create effective campaign materials and arrange events to broaden our reach.
- Pick up inbound leads, close opportunities (including consultative selling, formal bidding and pitching) and work with our multi-disciplinary, pre-sales teams to produce successful sales proposals.
- Take ownership of the sales process, handling objections, negotiating and closing deals.
Your expertise and demonstrable track record
- You possess a deep understanding of the industry trends and opportunities for our services in the market.
- You can have meaningful and relevant peer-level conversations with our clients (and prospective clients) about their industries, business strategy and technology strategy. C-Level executives will regard you as a trusted adviser, someone who can inspire them and provide solutions to their problems.
- You have great interpersonal skills and can negotiate, persuade, influence, get the outcomes we need and develop deeper relationships at the same time.
- You have a track record of quickly building relationships based on trust and credibility up to and including C-suite level.
- You have a track record of generating and managing revenues of £5m+ per year and winning £1m+ deals with FTSE 100 scale clients.
- Through your network and proven business development skills you are able to consistently maintain a pipeline of 3x target and you’re constantly replenishing your leads via targeted networking and referrals.
- You are commercially astute and have a flair for selling on value, rather than price.
How you operate
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both clients and internal technical teams.
- You take a can-do approach and don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You don’t need a perfect environment to thrive and where there are problems, you take a positive approach to making them better.
- You are organised and track all business development activities in the CRM a timely manner.
- You are self-motivated and are comfortable independently defining and driving day-to-day activities towards Softwire’s objectives. You don’t need someone to spell it all out.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant growing company and to really make a difference to our future success, with rewards to match.
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance.
- Base salary is up to £120,000 with an achievable OTE of £200,000
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy 10 and sell 5)
- 3.5 days additional days off for company-wide morale activities
- AIG income protection
- Travel card loan scheme
- Zero emission car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Time off for charitable activities
- Sabbatical available on request
- Payroll charity donations
- Headspace plus
- Free annual eye test
- Long service awards