Salary: £36,000 – £42,000 based on experienceApply now
In briefSoftwire is looking for a full-time Accounts Assistant to work in the accounts department of its growing software development business. The role is based in its North London office in Kentish Town.
Sitting under the Finance Director, Softwire’s accounts department, is a small team of just three people (a Financial Controller and two Finance Assistants), all of whom currently work part time and all of whom work largely remotely. This role would report in to one of the two existing Finance Assistants. The team is expanding in order to meet the demands of the growing business. Adding a full-time member of staff will allow the team to provide continuity and representation of the accounts team throughout the whole week and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the team.
The roleThe role responsibilities are likely to include:
- Customer invoicing and purchase order (PO) management – using Softwire’s in-house system to monitor when customer invoices are due, liaising with the relevant project manager to confirm the correct details (amount, PO etc) and submitting invoices either by email or using a customer invoicing portal.
- Credit control – using Softwire’s accounts system (SAGE) to identify which invoices are overdue for payment and following up with the relevant customer Accounts Payable team as appropriate.
- Credit card receipt handling / coding / posting – checking that all transactions for company credit card purchases are appropriately categorised and have a valid receipt before uploading to SAGE.
- Expenses payments – checking of receipts, categorisation of expenses and that the proper approvals have been sought before releasing expense claims for payment and uploading transactions / booking payments to SAGE.
- Petty cash management and reconciliation – Petty cash payments are managed by the Office Management team but the Accounts team are responsible for ensuring everything is correctly booked into Softwire’s in-house payment system and into SAGE.
- Contractor timesheet confirmation – checking and approving contractor’s agency timesheets against our in-house system and liaising with agencies as required.
- Performing checks around accuracy and completeness of information across all systems.
Responsibilities may also include:
- Supplier payments – processing invoices received, checking they are valid, setting up payments on the bank account and entering into SAGE
- Payroll or Pension related tasks as required
- Other ad hoc tasks required to support the team
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. We offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
But who are we actually?
We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with passion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of innovation, devotion, and outright electricity.
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and everything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.
Experience and qualifications
- Proven bookkeeping experience and knowledge of basic accounting principles (ideally but not necessarily AAT qualified or CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic, small team environment
- Ability to communicate well/appropriately with both customers and with all levels of staff within Softwire.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with accounting software (Sage 50 Accounts) ideal but not required
PackageSoftwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £36,000 – £42,000
- You can expect to receive an average of between £1,750 to £4,750 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell)
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities
- Free annual eye test, income protection, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.
For further details on benefits click here
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil part-nership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.