Softwire provides software development and consultancy services to some of the UK’s leading brands. We’ve built key national infrastructures like the UK’s Register to Vote site and the Renewable Energy Register. We’ve worked with start-ups, household names like BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, and LNER, and delivered digital transformation across FTSE 100 companies like RSA Insurance, Lloyds, and Rightmove. Most of all, we’ve been proud to support and enable organisations with a pro-social mission such as Anthony Nolan, Tate Britain, and the Royal Opera House.
Our values since our founding in the year 2000 have been to focus on having Happy Teams and Happy Customers, with Commercial Success a by-product of those two elements. For over a decade, we have featured in the Best Companies to Work For listing, thanks to our vibrant social scene and exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction, including a rating of 4.8 stars on GlassDoor.
As a Marketing Designer, you will develop concepts and supporting visuals while having a direct impact on the brand’s overall design language. As an excellent collaborator and communicator, you will work across multiple teams to create visuals for our marketing campaigns, landing pages, newsletters and social media properties. This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your wide range of skills across all facets of digital design.
Being an in-house marketing designer, this role is perfect for someone who takes the initiative and pushes themselves creatively, loves to live and breathe a brand, and gets passionate about seeing that brand come to life. You will be part of the team working on creative campaigns and brainstorming ideas, right through to the production and delivery of the design assets.
Although you’ll sit in marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to join our broader design team that works directly with our clients for career growth, mentorship, and development.
- Champion the brand, to achieve a single, seamless identity across all marketing channels.
- Brainstorm, create, and transform ideas into visually compelling stories for all types of marketing assets that drive business results including, but not exclusively, our website, presentations, digital ads, landing pages, infographics, social media graphics, printed collateral, event graphics, video, iconography, illustration, and more
- Research trends & ideas and design assets as needed across all mediums and channels
- Be an ambassador across Softwire to drive higher standards for our brand
Key Skills and experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a graphic, visual, brand, or marketing designer across both digital and print
- Strong sense of design principles, typography, layout, attention to detail, and conceptual skills
- Ability to think creatively and be able to drive new ways to visually support everything from broad strategic concepts to design functionality
- Ideally, experience in the tech sector and/or on experiential design projects
- Advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud/Figma etc
- Experience with video/motion graphics would be a big plus
- Exposure to HTML and CSS (WordPress).
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality & a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and passion for storytelling.