We are looking for a People Administrator to join our vibrant People and Culture team. You will provide support to the People and Culture Director and work across a wide range of tasks including, employee lifecycle, providing first level of support to all employees, responding to P&C queries in a timely manner and supporting logistics for training programmes.
Salary: £23,900 – £27,800 depending on experience
Job type: Full time
Start date: Immediate
Softwire provides software development and consultancy services to household names across the public, private, and third sectors. We’ve built key national infrastructures like the UK’s Register to Vote site and the Renewable Energy Register. We’ve worked with start-ups, household names like BBC, David Lloyd and LNER, and delivered digital transformation across FTSE 100 companies like RSA Insurance, Lloyds, and Rightmove. Most of all, we’ve been proud to support and enable organisations with a pro-social mission such as Anthony Nolan, Tate Britain, and the Royal Opera House.
Our values since our founding in the year 2000 have been to focus on having Happy Teams and Happy Customers, with Commercial Success a by-product of those two elements. For over a decade, we have featured in the Best Companies to Work For listing, thanks to our vibrant social scene and exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction, including a rating of 4.8 stars on GlassDoor.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- First point of contact for P&C queries
- Providing efficient administrative support to the People Development Manager
- Assist with the lifecycle of a new employee including, on-boarding to off-boarding
- Managing and updating P&C systems
- Assisting with the smooth running of our quarterly appraisal system
- Support and assisting the recruitment team
- Supports the coordination and administration of workshops and training to engage the business
- Co-ordinating whole-company communications
- Assisting in ad-hoc tasks, as required
- Proven experience in working in a busy administrative role
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent administration skills, including the use of MS word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Flexible mind set. We are looking for someone who is excited about HR and keen to give ideas on how to improve current processes
Salary and benefits
- Salary range is £23,900 to £27,800 FT, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave (with option to buy and sell)
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, including annual company holiday abroad.
- Free annual eye test
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym
- Subsidised, freshly-cooked lunches
Softwire aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.