Salary: £23,900 – £25,300 + profit shareApply for this role
In briefWe are seeking a full-time receptionist to join our fast-growing London based company as a member of the Office Management Team, reporting to our Office & Facilities Manager.
The roleAs a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization, welcoming guests and greeting people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Greet all visitors in a way that enhances our professional and corporate image
- Answer the switchboard phone politely and professionally, referring enquiries to the relevant people
- Assist with maintaining the professional appearance of the reception area and client meeting rooms
- Issue and tracking staff and visitor parking permits
- Manage event requests for client hospitality to include meetings and large-scale events, graduate assessment centres, and internal networking events
- Ensure that food for events and meetings is ordered and delivered on time
- Handle requests relating to stationery orders, handyman jobs and general small-scale procurement
- Liaise with couriers, collect, and distribute post
- Handle any ad-hoc requests from the Office Manager
- Report the status of your tasks in a thorough and timely fashion
- Liaise with colleagues, customers, and suppliers (where required) in a professional and competent manner
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. We offer services in software en-gineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
But who are we actually?
We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with pas-sion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of inno-vation, devotion, and outright electricity.
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and eve-rything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.
Experience and qualifications
- Ideally 1+ years’ experience as a receptionist or general administrator but we’ll consider entry-level candidates
- Competent with MS Office software package (especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- A passion for guest service
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
PackageSoftwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £23,900 – £25,300 + profit share
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell)
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities
- Free annual eye test, permanent health insurance, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.
For further details on benefits click here
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil part-nership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.