Senior Mobile App Developer
Job title: Senior Mobile App Developer
Job type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
A rare opportunity to join our fast-growing technology company selling high value software development services. An ideal role for an experienced and dynamic developer who wants to be involved with an exciting and challenging project.
Softwire provides software development services to medium-large sized UK businesses. Our HQ is based in London with growing offices in Manchester and Cambridge. We have a headcount of over 200 that comprises the top 1% of UK graduate developer talent.
We’ve featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best SMEs to work for 10 years running. This is testament to our exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction.
We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to bring expertise and experience to help anchor our expanding in-house mobile development capability.
Initially you would be working on a team developing customer-facing iOS and Android mobile apps for a UK rail company. The apps are written using Kotlin-Multi-Platform and we also manage a lightweight Node middleware layer. The apps are built to the highest UX and technical standards.
Skills and experience
- Several years’ experience developing customer-facing mobile apps for either:
- iOS (Swift), or
- Android (Kotlin)
- Experience working as part of a team (including tools to support collaboration such as git and user story management software)
- Experience working closely with other job roles, such as designers and product owners
Nice to have:
- Experience across both iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience with mobile back-end development / Node
- Experience developing with Kotlin Multiplatform for Android+iOS
- Experience of CI/CD/Devops for mobile apps
- Experience collaborating with clients or stakeholders, including clarifying requirements and presenting work at sprint demos
- Have experience delivering great outcomes for clients in an agency or professional services firm
- You are passionate about delivering great technical quality, whether building greenfield solutions or improving the quality of legacy systems
- You are excited by helping stakeholders achieve their goals through use of technology
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and product owners to innovate and devise great technical solutions to meet user needs
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced, changing environments
- You are an advocate for mobile development and keen to take a lead role in supporting a growing mobile specialism within Softwire