A rare opportunity to join our fast-growing technology company selling high-value software development services. An ideal role for an experienced and dynamic software developer who wants to be involved with exciting and challenging projects.
Softwire provides software development services to medium and large-sized UK businesses. Our HQ is based in London with growing offices in Manchester and Cambridge. We have a headcount of over 200 that comprises the top 1% of UK graduate developer talent.
We’ve featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best SMEs to work for 10 years running. This is testament to our exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction.
Skills and experience
At least three years’ experience in at least some of the following technologies:
- C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Java and the JVM ecosystem
- AWS or Azure
- Relational databases
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team (including working closely with other job roles such as designers and testers, as well as tools to support collaboration such as git and user story management software)
- You are passionate about delivering great technical quality, whether building greenfield solutions or improving the quality of legacy systems
- You are excited by helping stakeholders achieve their goals through the use of technology
- You enjoy mentoring developers and helping them reach their personal development goals
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and product owners to innovate and devise great technical solutions to meet user needs
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced, changing environments
You may also
- Have experience delivering great outcomes for clients in an agency or professional services firm
- Have experience taking ownership of large & complex existing systems, planning strategies for changes and maintenance
- Speak at conferences and meetups to share your expertise
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Up to 7 days for conference attendance, charity volunteering or morale activities each year, including a paid long-weekend abroad
- Minimal travel, with most projects in London
- Input into what you work on
- Flexible working hours