Senior Software Developer
A rare opportunity to join our fast-growing technology company selling high-value software development services. An ideal role for an experienced and dynamic software developer who wants to be involved with exciting and challenging projects.
Softwire provides software development services to medium and large-sized UK businesses. Our HQ is based in London with growing offices in Manchester and Cambridge. We have a headcount of over 200 that comprises the top 1% of UK graduate developer talent.
We’ve featured in the Best Companies to Work For list for over a decade. This is testament to our exceptionally high levels of staff job satisfaction.
Skills and experience
At least three years’ experience in at least some of the following technologies:
- C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Java and the JVM ecosystem
- AWS or Azure
- Relational databases
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team (including working closely with other job roles such as designers and testers, as well as tools to support collaboration such as git and user story management software)
- You are passionate about delivering great technical quality, whether building greenfield solutions or improving the quality of legacy systems
- You are excited by helping stakeholders achieve their goals through the use of technology
- You enjoy mentoring developers and helping them reach their personal development goals
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and product owners to innovate and devise great technical solutions to meet user needs
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced, changing environments
You may also
- Have experience delivering great outcomes for clients in an agency or professional services firm
- Have experience taking ownership of large & complex existing systems, planning strategies for changes and maintenance
- Speak at conferences and meetups to share your expertise
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance.
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £51,000 – £67,000
- You can expect to receive an average of between £10,000 and £15,000 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell), time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities, free annual eye test, and opt-in health insurance, cycle to work and electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.