Softwire is a leading digital agency working with major clients to deliver exciting digital transformation projects. We were founded on one simple idea: to create the best possible environment for building quality software.
We do that by having great people who have the skills, experience, and intelligence to solve hard problems. But we also care about finding and developing people who believe in the same things we do:
- That if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well
- That work should be fulfilling but can also be fun
- That success comes from supporting and investing in each other
As a result of that, we’ve secured our spot on ‘The Best Companies to Work For’ listing for over a decade. Working at Softwire means you get to work with great people, on leading-edge projects, in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, refreshingly free of bureaucracy.
We’re looking for experienced developers to join our team, with strong technical and client communication skills, and a passion for finding great solutions through technology.
In return, we can offer interesting projects with brilliant clients, high levels of autonomy, strong support from a passionate and welcoming technical community, and exciting further career opportunities. And of course, a competitive package and profit share to match.
Our teams work flexibly across a wide range of technologies and sectors and this variety provides our developers with outstanding opportunities to develop a breadth of skills. For most developers this will mean a genuine full-stack experience, with opportunities to work on front- and back-end work, as well as working on cloud/devops infrastructure.
We are outcome-focused, and all members of our teams work closely with our clients to make sure we’re delivering a great all-round experience. Multifunctional teams ensure that design and other disciplines are an integral part of that all-round experience.
We have a high quality bar, and development processes to match, with a strong focus on peer review, and on ensuring development processes and tooling is in place to high quality and effective delivery.
You will be comprehensively supported by your peers and our mentoring scheme, and have the opportunity to mentor junior developers yourself. Softwire has an exceptional track record of offering developers’ long term career growth, and will provide you with the support and opportunities needed to progress quickly to more senior developer, technical lead and further roles.
Experience and qualifications
- 1-3 years’ experience in commercial software development
- Experience in some of the following technologies is desirable, but not essential:
- C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Java and the JVM ecosystem
- AWS or Azure
- Native mobile development in Swift/Kotlin
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team (for example working closely with other job roles such as designers and testers, as well as tools to support collaboration such as git and user story management software)
- You are passionate about delivering great technical quality, whether building greenfield solutions or improving the quality of legacy systems
- You are curious and resourceful, excited to learn new things and throw yourself into new technical challenges.
- You are excited by helping end users and stakeholders achieve their goals through use of technology
- You relish working in a team – supporting colleagues and junior developers and making the most of the opportunities to support your own personal development
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £37,000 – £47,000
- You can expect to receive an average of between £3,500 and £5,500 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance. Over the last three years, this ranged between £3,000 and £7,000.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell), time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities, free annual eye test, and opt-in health insurance, cycle to work and electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.