Salary: £46,500 - £52,600 + Profit ShareApply now
In briefWe’re looking for experienced developers to join our team, with strong technical and client communication skills, and a passion for finding great solutions through technology.
In return, we can offer interesting projects with brilliant clients, high levels of autonomy, strong support from a passionate and welcoming technical community, and exciting further career opportunities. And of course, a competitive package and profit share to match.
The roleOur teams work flexibly across a wide range of technologies and sectors and this variety provides our developers with outstanding opportunities to develop a breadth of skills. For most developers this will mean a genuine full-stack experience, with opportunities to work on front- and back-end work, as well as working on cloud/devops infrastructure.
We are outcome-focused, and all members of our teams work closely with our clients to make sure we’re delivering a great all-round experience. Multifunctional teams ensure that design and other disciplines are an integral part of that all-round experience.
We have a high quality bar, and development processes to match, with a strong focus on peer review, and on ensuring development processes and tooling is in place to high quality and effective delivery.
You will be comprehensively supported by your peers and our mentoring scheme, and have the opportunity to mentor junior developers yourself. Softwire has an exceptional track record of offering developers’ long term career growth, and will provide you with the support and opportunities needed to progress quickly to more senior developer, technical lead and further roles.
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. We offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
But who are we actually?
We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with passion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of innovation, devotion, and outright electricity.
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and everything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.
- You are passionate about delivering great technical quality, whether building greenfield solutions or improving the quality of legacy systems
- You are curious and resourceful, excited to learn new things and throw yourself into new technical challenges.
- You are excited by helping end users and stakeholders achieve their goals through use of technology
- You relish working in a team – supporting colleagues and junior developers and making the most of the opportunities to support your own personal development
Experience and qualifications
- 1-3 years’ experience in commercial software development
- Experience in some of the following technologies is desirable, but not essential:
- C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Java and the JVM ecosystem
- AWS or Azure
- Native mobile development in Swift/Kotlin
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team (for example working closely with other job roles such as designers and testers, as well as tools to support collaboration such as git and user story management software)
PackageSoftwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £46,500 – £52,600 + Profit Share
- You can expect to receive an average of between £3,600 – £5,500 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell)
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities
- Free annual eye test, income protection, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations.
For further details on benefits click here
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil part-nership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.