Systems / Infrastructure Administrator
We are looking to recruit a Systems Administrator to join our fast-growing London-based software company.
We are a company of over 200, dedicated to helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We’ve done this by recruiting the brightest graduates and training them up to become exceptional software development professionals.
We combine a relaxed and friendly environment with a superb all-round package of benefits including flexible working conditions, very reasonable working hours and lively and frequent social events and company outings.
The new Systems Administrator will join a friendly team of 4 people and report directly to the IT Manager. Career progression is important within the company and training is provided at all levels.
Who we are
Softwire was founded on a simple idea: to create the best possible environment for building digital solutions. You will work with some of the industry’s top minds in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, refreshingly free of bureaucracy. We care about outcomes so working conditions are flexible and there’s no pressure to put in long hours. We are based in London and we recently opened offices in both Manchester and Cambridge.
Our goals are Happy People, Happy Clients and Commercial Success – in equal measure. We trust our staff to do great work and support them to achieve their goals. We also recognise that everybody is human, and make sure that we support that aspect of people’s lives as well.
For the past nine years we have featured in the top 25 of The Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For list, always as one of the top few software companies. We have a strong focus on diversity and hire based on potential rather than merely experience.
You can expect to acquire a broad remit including:
- Systems Administration of all servers and services including but not limited to:
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Office365)
- Windows Server 2016/2019 Domain & Active Directory
- Linux (Ubuntu) Servers
- Network services (DNS, WINS, DHCP) and infrastructure (VLAN, Dell Sonicwall Firewalls etc.)
- VMWare vSphere infrastructure
- Dell Powerstore and Equallogic Storage Area Network
- DevOps services (Jira, Crucible, Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab)
- Deployment and Monitoring (Puppet, Icinga, Munin, ELK, SNMP)
- Automation of processes and scripting (Python / Powershell)
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rd line technical support to end users using Mac/Windows laptops
Desirable technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of security best practices and attack mitigation strategies
- Expert in installing and configuring Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Broad knowledge of a wide variety of systems and services (e.g. those listed above)
- Solid foundation in basic network services e.g. DNS, DHCP, WINS, Routing, etc.
- Experience of Python and Powershell scripting
- A dynamic, dedicated and self- motivated individual who is keen to build on their existing systems administration skills
- 2-5 years’ experience in a systems administration role
- A demonstrable interest in IT and systems administration
- a good education history and degree (relevant subject preferred)
- Salary : £35,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience)
- Non-contributory pension scheme (5% of salary)
- Company profit share scheme
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Up to 7 days annually for conference attendance, charity volunteering or morale activities
- Flexible working hours